[Mapserver-users] OGR for Joins to .dbfs

Fawcett, David David.Fawcett at state.mn.us
Thu Jul 31 11:22:24 EDT 2003

Disclaimer, I know nothing about OGR and I haven't done any research beyond the MapServer docs and the list archive.

With one-to-many joins to .dbfs not currently working in 4.0, I was doing some brainstorming last night about how I can query attribute data not included in the shapefile.  Particularly, I want to either do one-to-many queries or worst case, create a denormalized .dbf file to query.

I am stuck with a limited set of tools due to server admin and/or isp.  NT, Access, ColdFusion (I am exploring this in a different thread).  (Obviously php mapscript and postgres or mysql would be much more ideal!)

I was thinking that if OGR can access shapefile data (shp, dbf, etc.), could it be used as the data connector to execute a one-to-many join to a .dbf file?

David.