[Mapserver-users] query Tab Data

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Mar 3 09:16:12 EST 2003

Srinivas Reddy wrote:

> Now am new to this technologies but I had done some of project with
> the reference of DM solutions map reference. In DM
> solutions they are done using SHP data files. But  I am using  "*.Tab"
> data. How can I query the content of the "*.TAB"layers
> using php and mapscript.  This is my problem. This is my email id :
> csr at rboxtech.com or reddy_challa at yahoo.com

You will have to provide more details on what you are trying to do
exactly if you want anyone to be able to help.

If by "query the contents of .tab layers" you mean clicking on a map
image and selecting features from a TAB layer then this works the same
way for shapefiles and for .tab files.  The only difference is that you
need MapServer with OGR support, and you define an OGR CONNECTION in
your LAYER.  For more details on using OGR CONNECTIONS, see the OGR
HOWTO at http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/ogr-howto.html

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca