Fw: [Mapserver-users] lat lon

Paul Dymecki millardymecki at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 3 13:20:42 EST 2003

Hi Ed,
      I removed the point and also restricted my query to just pull 3 or 4
 records that looked good, but no luck.  It's strange that ESRI can view the
 shapes fine but other products like OpenEV and mapserverWorkbench can't.
 I'm thinking something in the format of the file is off so will start
 looking in that direction i guess.
 thanks in any case,
 Paul

EPSG
> > code
> > > of 42304 in any of my EPSG tables - are you sure it's correct?  Does
> this
> > > projection have a common name?
> > >
> > > 3. Remember that what you've said (in this map file) is that the TIFF
> file
> > > is of the same projection as the output image.  As long as the
> > georeference
> > > data for the TIFF matches the extents requested, you'll get a map.  If
> > > you're using a TIFF with world file it's very easy to have the
> projection
> > > completely wrong but still get a "correct" map.  But other layers
won't
> > > project properly on to it.
> > >
> > > 4. Do you have MapServer built with PROJ support?
> > >
> > > - Ed
> > >
> > > Ed McNierney
> > > President and Chief Mapmaker
> > > TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.