[Mapserver-users] SHPTREE Odd behavior

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Tue Mar 4 16:04:30 EST 2003

I've been experimenting with shptree and seeing remarkable performance
boosts (on point and line shapefiles). However, I've found some odd
behavior now with polygons. I'm rendering polygons that take quite a
while to come up (mapserver cgi). I then use shptree and when using the
web interface, get the following error message:

msDrawShape(): General error message. Only polygon shapes can be drawn
using a POLYGON layer definition.

If I then delete the associated .qix files, the map again renders.

I'm using mapserver
MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=SHAPEFILE

SHPTREE is dated 11/01/00  09:48a  131,122 bytes

...appreciate any help.
Kieran