[Mapserver-users] INDEXNQUERY

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Wed Mar 5 10:52:43 EST 2003

The best way to implement would be by allowing you to query by index.
That is treat the index as a normal column in MapServer expressions.
That way you'd just use the itemquery and itemnquery modes.  That's a
lot easier to add then a totally new query mode.

Please file this as a feature enhancement and I'll add it to 3.7.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937

>>> "Palle Due Larsen" <palle at mail-online.dk> 03/05/03 09:02AM >>>
Hi all,

What I really would like is the INDEXNQUERY mode. This would allow me
find and display multiple shapes by index. However, this does not
exist.
I guess I could achieve the same result with a filter, but I am afraid
that performance wouldn't be up to standards.
Does anyone have a suggestion regarding how to implement this? I am
normally using PERL mapscript for advanced purposes, but I would
prefer
a normal CGI solution.

Best regards

Palle Due Larsen, Carl Bro GIS&IT

PS: Someone on the list asked for a mapserver frame solution. Carl Bro
GIS&IT has developed one at http://vestamt.carlbro.dk.

Fs en gratis emailkonto her: www.mail-online.dk