[Mapserver-users] GDAL / GIF misunderstanding?

Doug Cates doug at moximedia.com
Wed Mar 5 11:38:32 EST 2003

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I could provide a patch for mapraster.c if you are interested.  Should
this
> be rolled into a future 3.6.x?  Note, I did already ensure that GDAL would
> be used if TIFF, PNG or JPEG were not configured, but for some reason the
> same fix was not applied for GIF.

I've modified my local version of mapraster.c (v3.6.4) as follows, and it
has solved the problem I encountered when using remote GIF format WMS
services as client layers in my map without GIF/GD support. It works well
now. Thanks to Daniel and Frank for their help on this.

line 1775-1777:
    if (memcmp(dd,"GIF8",4)==0) {
      if(layer->transform &&
         msProjectionsDiffer(&(map->projection), &(layer->projection))) {
changed to:
#if !defined(USE_GDAL) || defined(USE_GD_GIF)
    if (memcmp(dd,"GIF8",4)==0) {
      if ((layer->transform &&
         msProjectionsDiffer(&(map->projection), &(layer->projection))) ||
         layer->connectiontype == MS_WMS ) {

line 1830:
    }
changed to:
    }
#endif /* !defined(USE_GDAL) || defined(USE_GD_GIF) */

Doug