[Mapserver-users] GDAL / GIF misunderstanding?

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 4 14:31:12 EST 2003

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> OK, at this point I have to admit that I am not very CVS-branch competent.
> I have checked out 3.6.4 just fine and built it, and prepared the patch.
> Do I just commit, and it automatically goes into the right branch?
>
> I have attached the very simple patch (untested).

I have committed the patch to the 3.6.x branch in CVS.

For the record, to commit a change to a branch you have to checkout the
branch itself, and not just a regular tag.  For instance, the 3.6.x
branch is (poorly) named 'rel-3-6-0-beta1' so you would do
'cvs update -r rel-3-6-0-beta1' and then any changes you commit will go
in that branch.  If you checkout a regular tag (not a branch) like
rel-3-6-4 then cvs will not let you commit anything.

In the future the branches will be named in a more meaningful way,
'rel-3-6-0-beta1' was a poor choice.  For 3.7 the branch name will be
something like 'branch-3-7' and then inside that branch you'll have tags
for 'rel-3-7-0', 'rel-3-7-1', etc.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca