[Mapserver-users] RE: Shifting points in a projection

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Mar 5 15:22:02 EST 2003

Paul -

I'd suggest trying to find out, from whoever provided you the data, what datum they think was used.  You can fiddle around with datums (NAD27 is next most popular in North America) but if you don't check your sources you can end up fiddling with your data so it's ALL wrong - but looks just fine because you've made it consistently incorrect!

	- Ed