[Mapserver-users] Variable substitution for run-time projection selection?

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Mar 6 13:25:56 EST 2003

I've been digging into some of the emails about %variable% substitution support in 3.7, and I can't figure out where to look for what I need.

I'd simply like to pass an EPSG projection code in the querystring to select the output projection for the map.  As in....

http://mapserver/......&projcode=32618&....

and have

Projection
	init=epsg:%projcode%
End

Or something like that in the map file.  I realize the PROJ statements in the MAP file are kinda funky - has anyone built any pseudo-support for this, or should I start coding away?

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.