[Mapserver-users] E00 to SHP Conversion Utilities?

Kieran J. Ames kames at keyspanenergy.com
Thu Mar 6 15:27:30 EST 2003

>From the ArcView help file:
Examples

The following examples indicate how to run IMPORT71 from the DOS prompt from the
directory that contains the executable. To run IMPORT71 from the program group,
supply only the parameters when prompted.

C:\ARCVIEW3\BIN32> IMPORT71 C:\INTER\TRACTS.E00 C:\STDYAREA\TRACTS
Imports an interchange file named TRACTS.E00 from the C:\INTER directory and
creates a coverage named TRACTS in the C:\STDYAREA workspace.

C:\ARCVIEW3\BIN32> IMPORT71 C:\INTER\MYGRID.E00 C:\GRIDS\MYGRID
Imports an interchange file named MYGRID.E00 from the C:\INTER directory and
creates a grid named MYGRID in the C:\GRIDS directory.

<snip>

These coverages are then able to be loaded in ArcView. The trouble is that (as
far as I know) you need to then manually convert each into a shapefile. I don't
know of any batch routine to accomplish that.

If you invoke import71 without arguments, a windows dialog box pops up that you
then have to manually populate the file names you want. (You can cancel from
there.)

Kieran