[Mapserver-users] OT: Point in Poly

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Fri Mar 7 16:24:20 EST 2003

In theory:
You could use Mapscript functions:
queryByPoint to grab the ID of the poly the point 'is' inside of and
compare that to the ID of the poly you are testing against to tell you
if it's inside.
Then distanceToShape for how far outside.
And possibly use distanceToLine for each of the lines that make up the
shape to see how far/close inside.
HTH
Lowell F.

The following message was sent by "Lowther, David W" <dlowther at ou.edu> on Fri, 7 Mar 2003 14:29:37 -0600.