[Mapserver-users] CGI returns malformed headers

Brantley Hobbs bhobbs at itos.uga.edu
Fri Mar 7 16:43:22 EST 2003

All,

I'm new to the mapserver app and I've run into a problem I can't seem to
figure out.

On my personal workstation, I'm able to run the demo app just fine.
When I moved the app to our development server for more general use, I
find that the webserver is now reporting that the CGI isn't returning a
complete set of headers.  I've tried the CGI with both Apache and IIS,
with the same results.  I know that the demo app works, because I set up
the directory structure on my workstation to be identical to the
directory structure on the server and everything works fine there.

I have verified that the server (both Apache and IIS) has write access
to the image output directory.

Here is a mapserver.exe -v output:
C:\Inetpub\scripts>mapserv.exe -v
MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=P
ROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF
INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=OGR INPUT=SHAPEFILE

I have also tried to add a line to the .map file to have some sort of
logging mechanism, but the CGI isn't even creating the log.

Can someone give me some pointers here?

Thanks,
Brantley Hobbs