[Mapserver-users] Mapserver WMS server+client ?

Lars V. Nielsen LVN at gispro.dk
Sat Mar 8 14:51:18 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm having slight problems in setting up Mapserver as a WMS server and client at the same time. Has anyone tried this before ?

I'm dividing a giant map setup into several chunks, utilizing Mapserver as a WMS server for the individual backdrops.
One of these backdrops are images fetched from an external WMS service.

The content of the Mapserver WMS server map files are copied'n'pasted from the original map file, just adding the necessary WMS
metadata.
And it works great for my MapInfo TAB files and my ECW.

When running with the original map file (MapScript), the images from the external WMS service shows up just fine when requested.
When running this part as a local WMS service, only a blank map is shown (i.e. background color).

I've verified that the external service returns the expected image (saved during transfer, I'm using a go-between script of my own
invention).
I've verified that this image is viewable in Mapserver (as a non-transformed image) - it's a PNG.

Anyone got an idea of what's blocking the image from being displayed ?
And yes, I _have_ set STATUS ON (and also tried DEFAULT) :-)

I'm using Mapserver 3.6.3 (Dec 20) and/or 3.6.4 (Jan 15), WMS/GDAL/OGR etc. versions.

Best regards/Med venlig hilsen
Lars V. Nielsen
GisPro, Denmark
http://www.gispro.dk/