[Mapserver-users] Unknown error message

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Mar 11 10:26:23 EST 2003

Hi There,

Apparently the Microsoft Virtual Machine in Internet Explorer, and the
Sun Java 2 Plug-in support, check whether certain files are part of the
Java applet being loaded. It is normal that these classes do not exist
in most cases like in Rosa, thus the error messages in the server logs.

 You can check these links for more explanations :
  http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=31&thread=57641
  http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=52&thread=95576

Saying that, this would not prevent you from running the Rosa applet properly. What
exactly happens when you do the zoom out ? how is the zoom out parameters defined ?

Later,

Daniel Wagner wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working with MapServewr 3.6.3 and have now installed the ROSA-Applet.
> There are several functions (i.e. ZoomOut) which don't work for my application.
>
> In my log-file I get the following error-message:
>
> [error] File does not exist: .../Rosa2000$COMClassObject.class
>
> Has somebody an idea?
>
> Thanx in advance!!
>
> Daniel Wagner

Assefa Yewondwossen