[Mapserver-users] Re: A suggestion for list divisions

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Wed Mar 12 13:40:14 EST 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, Antti.Roppola at b... wrote:
..
> An alternative "solution" would be to do it via a web based discussion
> forum (ala Slashdot? Bugzilla?) and categorise posts as they are ..

I have, on several occasions in the past, put forth the idea of
web-based forums. I like 'em. While I use Yahoo for this list now, I
still end up receiving the emails... there seems to be no way out at
this time.

most web-based forums software allow receiving an automatic email to
subsrcribed threads.

perhaps the best example (imho) out there is perlmonks. The whole
community is so well done... its like trolling through a large hall,
helping folks along the way, getting helped along the way, etc.