[Mapserver-users] A suggestion for list divisions

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Tue Mar 11 18:29:48 EST 2003

To weigh in with my $0.02,

I have some lists on digest, but agree that it's unwieldy compared
to individual posts that I can at least sort with my MUA. I also think
the recent changes to the list to use mailman are great.

An alternative "solution" would be to do it via a web based discussion
forum (ala Slashdot? Bugzilla?) and categorise posts as they are submitted
(according to which configure options they involve?). For example,
a post about projections in Perl/Mapscript would appear under Perl
and Proj. (I can even see Live Journal or PHP Nuke being used as a base)

I say "solution" rather that solution because this would take resources
to set up and maintain, so it's not going to be useful unless someone has
spare time and resources. Nor am I convinced that a web forum would be as
convenient or effective as email (though I could be convinced otherwise).

OTOH, I am sure we are all involved in other communities that do similar
things and am personally interested in hearing about possible solutions.

Cheers,

Antti
P.S. I detest Yahoo Groups. Ick...