[Mapserver-users] forcing map extent

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Mar 11 17:06:10 EST 2003

You can't. MapServer will only create maps with square gridcells.
Supporting non-square gridcells is in Bugzilla as a feature request but
it's way down the list at this point...

Steve

>>> jj at aprsworld.net 03/11/03 03:29PM >>>
Hi list,

I am using shp2img is a backend for generating maps for an application
am developing. The software that is requesting the images has already
calculated the map extent that it wants, and all mapserver has to do
is
return exactly that image. In some cases the software will request a
distorted map.

Mapserver (and shp2img) will re-calculate the extent of the map to
contain
at least the extent specified and sometimes bigger. How can I prevent
mapserver from doing this?

Searching the archives I've found this thread from 2000:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0003/threads.html#00075

Was this ever implemented? I don't see any reference to it in the code.
If
it hasn't been implemented, how should I go about doing that. It
appears
that msAdjustExtent(rectObj *rect, int width, int height) controls part
of
this. Where else should I be looking?

Thanks in advance -

-Jim