[Mapserver-users] 3.7 configure error with php 4.3.1

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu Mar 13 09:43:06 EST 2003

I see 2 possibilities:

1. the switch 'use-system-regex' is old and obsolete, you should use
'--with-regex=system'. About it being old, I am sure. Whether it is obsolete
now, I am not. But it's always better to use the new version... You can check
whether your php *really* is using the system regex by looking further in
your phpinfo output: in the 'Standard' section, it should say:

Regex Library			System library enabled

If there is something different, your php was not compiled with the system
regex library. Mind that the part of the phpinfo output you attached only
shows the exact configure options as typed, not as used.

2. After compiling your php-cgi, you recompiled php as an apache module (or
some other SAPI). This, when you do a make install, changes the header files
of php and the php-config, so that mapserver only sees the last compiled
version of php. You should either compile the cgi last, or use a different
install directory for the cgi version (e.g. /usr/local/phpcgi ). You can set
this with some prefix option(s) in the configure options.

Btw the 'http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RedHat8AndMapserver37'
document could help you compiling and installing stuff. At least it is about
php 4.3.x, even when you are not using ms 3.7 it might help you...

Regards,
Vincent Schut.