[Mapserver-users] Facilities Database with Mapserver.

Mat Brletic mbrletic at visalia.k12.ca.us
Thu Mar 13 13:07:18 EST 2003

Hello everyone.

I am new to the list and would like to ask a question regarding the
possible availability of an open source Mapserver application that my
organization might be able to use.

We are a mid-size school district of approximately 33,000 students, and
are looking for a web-enabled GIS database that can be used for
facilities and maintenance. I would like to be able to call up database
information in various data formats from the web-map interface.

We intend to use Postgresql as the database, possibly with PostGIS. I
would like to be able to add GRASS functionality eventually.

I have looked at the Teton Wyoming web site designed by Greenwood
Mapping, and feel that an application with the same functionality would
suit our needs. The ability to call up text and image files from a
variable map is an important part of our requirements.

If anyone out there can provide a list of (preferably) open source
software packages that might help us, we would be grateful.

Thank You,

Mathew M. Brletic
IS Analyst
Visalia Unified School District