[Mapserver-users] Re: Facilities Database with Mapserver.

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Thu Mar 13 14:30:27 EST 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, Mat Brletic <mbrletic at v...> wrote:
..
> I have looked at the Teton Wyoming web site designed by Greenwood
> Mapping,

well, that would be our own Rich Greenwood. Great to see new folks
joining this list because they have seen some list member's work
elsewhere.

welcome.

..
> If anyone out there can provide a list of (preferably) open source
> software packages that might help us, we would be grateful.

mapserver, postgis, etc. of course.

start at the mothership at
mapserver.gis.umn.edu

bop on over to the wiki at
mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MapServerWiki

search the list archives, view the tutorials, download the software,
compile it (make sure you have the right hardware and software to
support it all), decide where you are most comfortable (Perl, PHP,
Tcl, Java, Python), install the demo, come back and ask away.