[Mapserver-users] ArcExplorer 4.0.1 WMS Client

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 13 15:26:08 EST 2003

Daryl Herzmann wrote:

> Here is the error from ArcExplorer
>
> tokenizer exception; nested exception is;
> com.esri.axl.indiana.sxt.XmlTokenizerException: unexpected end of stream
> (state=71)
>     at com.esri.axl.indiana.sxt.XmlTokenizer.next(XmlTokenizer.java:310)
>
> PS.  I can query the mapserver from the Cubewerx site...
> PSS. This is mapserver 3.6.4 on RH Linux 7.3

I'm not sure if that's the problem, but your onlineResource URL ends
with '&' which is invalid in an XML entity and most validating XML
parsers will complain about that:

   <Get><OnlineResource xlink:href="http://.../wfs/wfs.map&"/></Get>

This is handled (encoded) automatically in 3.7, but I didn't want to
backport the fix to 3.6 to avoid causing other side-effects to already
working servers.  What you can do is replace the last "&" with "&amp;"
in your onlineresource metadata.  Remember to take it out when you will
upgrade to 3.7 otherwise you'll end up with "&amp;amp;" in your
MapServer 3.7 capabilities.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca