[Mapserver-users] Transparency values - confusion

Dylan Keon keon at nacse.org
Thu Mar 13 16:19:07 EST 2003

I'm pretty sure you're not getting 24-bit output with this, since you're
using IMAGEMODE PC256.  This may be why you're not noticing a change in
transparency.  Regular 8-bit output defaults to PC256.  Try IMAGEMODE
RGB in your png24 entry and see if it makes a difference.

See http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OutputFormat for more
info on IMAGEMODE.

--Dylan