[Mapserver-users] mapscript

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 14 09:54:19 EST 2003

> Paul Dymecki wrote:
>
>     I was wondering if anyone has tried running mapscript code from a
> php prog running through the command line?  I'm trying to call a
> php-mapscript program from perl, and not sure what the best approach
> would be?

Yes, that's possible.  Assuming you have a php CGI, you would use:

  /path/to/php -q /path/to/yourscript.php  arg1 arg2 arg3 ...

This will run yourscript.php at the command line, and the args will be
available in the $_SERVER["argv"] array.  The first item in this array
is the name of the script itself.  The -q option is to suppress output
of the CGI headers.

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca