[Mapserver-users] Re: perl / mapscript

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Sun Mar 16 21:43:56 EST 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "Paul Dymecki"
<millardymecki at s...> wrote:
> HI Steve,
>     Do you know if Perl/mapscript is available on windowsXP?

afaik, perl/mapscript only compiles on unix (I believe these a
swig-related problems). To date I have not met anyone who has it
running on Windows.

That said, I read your original question. What Steve says is true...
you can run both perl and php mapscripts, but the question asks
itself... why? I don't know of anything you can do in one you can't in
the other. If it is all under your control, stick with one...
php/mapscript is well supported under Windows. The good folks at DM
Solutions have made wonderful examples available, many other people
(myself included) have created successful apps... php/mapscript seems
to be a viable, perhaps the only, solution on windows.

You want to share more as to why you want to mix perl and php on windows?

The only
> installation docs i could find were for unix.
> thx
> Paul

Is it