[Mapserver-users] filter with shp

John Hagstrand john.hagstrand at interageresearch.com
Tue Mar 18 21:41:51 EST 2003

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply.  I have a shapefile containing 500 polygons.  For any
given map request I want to pull out some two or three hundred polygons
depending on the value of a field.  So I tried doing this:

FILTER 'TIMEBEG < 1500 AND TIMEEND >= 1500'

That gets me an error.  Is there some way I can accomplish this objective?

Then of course there's another step: I want to vary the 1500 value
dynamically.  I wonder if there's a way to do that without rewriting the
whole mapfile each time.

How would you recommend I go about this?
Thanks
John