[Mapserver-users] error and mapserver+postgis demo

Ignacio Laplagne laplagnegeo at softhome.net
Wed Mar 19 15:52:01 EST 2003

Hi,

We’re having some problems regarding the use of mapServer with postGIS
support. Right now, for example, we get an error when trying to use the
“query” mode (the error output is included at the end of this message).
But the same works just fine if the layer comes from a .shp (that is,
only changing the data source). The browse mode works ok with both
sources.

The question is, ¿has anyone got a working demo of mapServer with
postGIS? It would help us a lot in understanding our problems.

Thanks in advance,
Ignacio

---

msPOSTGISLayerGetShape(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS SQL
statement (in FETCH ALL): EXPLAIN VERBOSE SELECT * FROM counties - Error
with POSTGIS data variable. You specified ''.
Standard ways of specifiying are :
(1) 'geometry_column from geometry_table'
(2) 'geometry_column from (<sub query>) as foo using unique <column
name> using SRID=<srid#>'
Make sure you put in the 'using unique <column name>' and 'using SRID=#'
clauses in.