[Mapserver-users] distance/radius search

nida Khan nida at webstar.co.uk
Thu Mar 20 07:55:58 EST 2003

Sorry for confusion, when I said point search I meant, search for specefic
hotel by its name.
do you guys have any example for distance search??

this is how I'm doing my point/specific search

$poLayer = $gpoMap->getlayerbyname($layer_name);

//set the status of layer on
$HTTP_FORM_VARS["$layer_name"]="Y";
$poLayer->set("status", 1);

//look through all the classes
for ($c=0; $c < $poLayer->numclasses; $c++)
 {
 $class=$poLayer->getclass($c);
 if ($class->name == "$layer_name")
  {
   //check for the value if match then colour it with red
   $class->setExpression($value);
   $class->set("color", $red);

  }
 }