[Mapserver-users] Mac OS X Apache Install Question.

Justin Fielke jfielke at mipela.com.au
Mon Mar 24 01:07:42 EST 2003

Hi there,

I have mapserver running successfully on my ibook (OS X 10.2).  It is a fairly standard compile with proj, gdal and ogr support. However I am have a problem uploading my compile of mapserver to a mac os x based web hosting company (running Mac OS X server 10.2).  I have been working closely with the adminstrator of the isp to make sure files permissions are correct etc but cannot get mapserv to run.  The adminstrator said that mapserv should execute but when you try using the correct url it just wants to dowload mapserv as a text file.  Would there be a setting on a apache that would need to be changed.

Also do any libraries etc need to be installed on the mac os x server being used as a host.   The administrator of the web hosting company tried renaming mapserv to mapserv.cgi  to attempt to run it and this only returned

Internal Server Error
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster at example.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

In compiling mapserver I have used fink to install some of the supporting libraries.  Is this going to cause a problem taking mapserv to another machine etc.

Thanks
Justin