[Mapserver-users] Mac OS X Apache Install Question.

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Mon Mar 24 04:50:15 EST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 07:07, Justin Fielke wrote:

> Also do any libraries etc need to be installed on the mac os x server
> being used as a host.

I do not know the fink tool you mentioned (heck, i do not know much
about macos at all :) ), but if you dynamically linked your mapserver
binary then all the libraries you linked to belong on the isp's
webserver as well.

If you don't, the error you described,

> Internal Server Error
> [ ... ]
> More information about this error may be available in the
> server error log.

is likely to occur in _some_cases. I have seen this recently, to name an
example, when I had compiled the png library with a wrong header that
was left lurking on the system from before a system update. libpng
barked and cause the above error to occur.

Generally spoken, do as the last line in the error message says and
check the apache logs. This can be very enlightening sometimes; well, in
case it isn't just the good old 'preliminary end of script headers'
message ;)

hth,

thorsten