[Mapserver-users] Rotating symbols

Thorsten Fischer thfischer at mapmedia.de
Mon Mar 24 05:09:34 EST 2003

Dear list,

I was asked a question about symbols recently. A lady (who already makes
heavy use of mapserver in her institute) involved into mapping
seismographic events asked about the possibility of rotating labels. She
has some ellipsoids (easy to create with a ELLIPSE symbol) but they need
to be rotated, thus showing errors of measurement errors in the
direction of the larger radius of the ellipse. I know of ANGLE and
LABELANGLEITEM for labels; but that only covers annotations. Is there a
way to rotate 'ordinary' symbols? Should I file a feature request? :)

tia,

thorsten