[Mapserver-users] ArcExplorer 4.0.1 and Mapserver WMS - Wiki page

Thomas Bartlett tbartlett at dddd.com.au
Mon Mar 24 22:29:49 EST 2003

G'Day Antti,

Thanks for posting the document on wiki !!

I'm trying to get ArcExplorer connecting to MapServer... without a lot of
success to date.

I have a couple of questions:

1.  What type of system did you manage to get it working on, and will it
work in a window environment.  I am using the MapServer 3.6.3 windows binary
from the mapserver website (which says it is OGC WMS compliant.  as does
running mapserv -v
2.  If the "GetCapatiblies" XML document contains no "WARNINGS" does this
mean it is WMS compliant?  Or just no obvious issues which will cause
ArcExplorer to fail !
3.  I am currently using a windows binary version of PHP (CGI only) are they
any issue there ? eg. getting the header part of the document inserted ??

I have gone through the WMSMapServer document, but I can't find any obvious
non-WMS compliant parts.

Any ideas

Many thanks
Tom Bartlett