[Mapserver-users] RE: max number of class in a layer / compiling MapServer

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Fri Mar 21 03:24:13 EST 2003

thanks for the help.
if i may ask, can you tell me how to recompile the mapserver and to set it
70 classes?

Quoting Arnulf Christl <arnulf.christl at ccgis.de>:

> The no. of classes can be specified in the sources before compiling. The
> default (in my downloaded win version) is 50 classes only, so you will
have
> to recompile mapserver to get your 70 classes running.
>
> Arnulf.

Hi,
its said to be fairly easy to do and it is all well documented (but I don't
know how to do it either).
We are currently migrating from Win to BSD, additionally we are moving to
new "pysical" rooms, so currently we have no environment for compiling.
I am not much help at the moment. Hopefully somebody else can help you.

Arnulf.