[Mapserver-users] ArcExplorer 4.0.1 and Mapserver WMS - Wiki page

Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au
Mon Mar 24 22:56:33 EST 2003

Hi Thomas,

To answer your questions:

1. The client is Windows 2000 Pro. The server is Mapserver 3.6.1
or 3.6.4 on Linux depending on whether it's my dev box or not.

2. My guess is that it means that it is probably OK. I'd try and
test it by issuing getMap requests manually or pointing one of the
online WMS clients (such as Cubewerx) at it. I am not sure about how
detailed the checking inside Mapserver is, though it is acceptable
to Arc Explorer.

3. Shouldn't be anything special. Just remember that you can't send
headers as part of a web request after any regular output (STDOUT)
has been sent. PHP will generate an error and tell you if you try. :o)

FWIW, I found getting the syntax just right to be the most fiddley
part of the operation.

Cheers,

Antti