[Mapserver-users] reproject raster datat

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Mar 25 09:15:28 EST 2003

Heiko.Kehlenbrink at vermes.fh-oldenburg.de wrote:
> hi all,
>
> got a little prolem reprojecting raster data with the mapserver.
>
> in the web section i`ve set proj=latlong
>
> and in the layer definition
> init=epsg:4326.
>
> i recive such an error message:
> Warning: MapServer Error in msDrawRasterLayer( TIFF ): Raster reprojection
> supported only
> with the GDAL library. in /srv/www/htdocs/world/htdocs/test.phtml on line 78
>
> though the php-info page says :
>
> MapScript
> MapScript Version ($Revision: 1.104.2.5 $ $Date: 2002/10/28 21:47:53 $)
> MapServer version 3.6.4 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
> SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS
> INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>
> any hinds for me?

Heiko,

You need to force the GDAL TIFF support to be used in preference to the
built-in libtiff support in MapServer.  I would suggest reconfiguring, and
building with the --without-libtiff configure switch.  This will ensure that
TIFF files are handled through GDAL which supports reprojection.

Good luck,