[Mapserver-users] Re: [Mapserver-users] Prototype of MapServer application

armin.burger@libero.it armin.burger at libero.it
Tue Mar 25 11:35:42 EST 2003

Nyon,

the zoombox interface  uses the DOM model and is therefore quite simple (it
doesn't work with Netscape 4.x). It uses JavaScript functions to load a new url
into an HTML frame  passing the zoombox extent (in pixels) via the url lile
http://....?imgbox=....
The loaded PHP page reads the imgbox parameter and uses it for the
zoomrectangle() function. A snippet of the PHP code is below:

$imgbox_str = $_GET["imgbox"];

$imgbox_arr = explode(" ", $imgbox_str);
 // New map extent in image pixel ((0,0) top-left)
 $pix_minx = $imgbox_arr[0];
 $pix_miny = $imgbox_arr[1];
 $pix_maxx = $imgbox_arr[2];
 $pix_maxy = $imgbox_arr[3];

 $pixext = ms_newrectObj();
 $pixext->setextent($pix_minx,$pix_miny,$pix_maxx,$pix_maxy);

 $map->zoomrectangle($pixext, $mapwidth, $mapheight, $geoext0);
 $pixext->free();

The §geoext0 variable is the map extent in map units and is taken from a session
variable (it is the geographic extent out of the last zoom/pan action).

Armin

ycnyon at pd.jaring.my wrote:

very nice.
I've been wanting to do the rubber-band zoom. how did you do it?
a snippet of your php code would be helpful.
take a look at mine
www.malaysiagis.com/wwf/map.php
you would need 1024x768 resolution.

Regards