[Mapserver-users] ArcExplorer 4.0.1 and Mapserver WMS - Wiki page

Thomas Bartlett tbartlett at dddd.com.au
Tue Mar 25 16:51:34 EST 2003

Once again thanks for the assistance,

Sorry give you a URL, I am currently running it on my personal machine at
home which has no permanent connect to the outside world.  I did a little
more checking last night and found.

1.  Mapserver will display "WARNINGS" in the XML if it is incorrectly
formatted (I deliberately introduced an error to test this). The
Capatibilities XML file that I am trying to use contains no warning!!
2.  GetMap works but doesn't check for WMS compliance, rather it just checks
if the non-WMS tags in the map file are correct.
3.  The header for the XML document seems to work fine.  I tried adding echo
"<h1>hello world</h1>"; then viewing the document in a web browser.  The
result is Hello World, then the expected error message similar to:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output
started at http://localhost/fawkner_mapserv/wms.php:2) in
http://localhost/fawkner_mapserv/wms.php on line 3

4.  It all seem to be correct but when I try loading it in ArcExplorer,
using the interoperability extension I get

"Invalid Capabilities File.  Check Server URL"

I have tried logging all message in ArcExplorer.  I get a heap of errors /
warnings but I nothing that I can understand ??

 Any ideas ?

Cheers  Tom