[Mapserver-users] Rotating symbols

Eric Bridger eric at gomoos.org
Wed Mar 26 10:14:57 EST 2003

Thorsten,

One solution to this is to use true type symbols.  This has come up
before in relation to displaying weather wind barbs:

http://lists.gis.umn.edu/pipermail/mapserver-users/2002-December/000041.html
This contains examples of how to do it.

Here is a link with a number of true type symbol fonts, one of which
contains geometric symbols.
http://moorstation.org/typoasis/designers/esri/index.htm

Here is a link to a Window TT font viewer to help you get the ascii char
number to use as text to get the symbol to display.  Then the angle and
size can also be set.

http://users.pandora.be/eclypse

Hope this helps.

Eric Bridger