[Mapserver-users] Date comparison

Luz Brigitte luzbrigitte at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 20 18:21:51 EST 2003

I have a problem when I´m trying to write a logical expression to filter
a postgres table based on a Date type field, for example : 28/02/2003.
I don´t sure, but I think that Mapserver don´t read date expression.

A part of my code in Mapserver is:

LAYER
   NAME "Clientes"
   STATUS DEFAULT
   DATA "the_geom from (select the_geom, geoclientes.oid,
geoclientes.id, cliente.id_cliente, cliente.nit, contratos.vigencia,
contratos.fecha_final, contratos.fecha_inicial from geoclientes inner
join cliente on (geoclientes.id = cliente.id_cliente) inner join
contratos on (geoclientes.id = contratos.id_cliente)) as query"
   TYPE POINT
   CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
   CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=namedb host=domain port=5432"
 # CLASSITEM "fecha_final"
   LABELITEM "ID"
   LABELMAXSCALE 10000
   CLASS
      NAME "contratos vigencia de 0 2 meses"
  # IN THE NEXT LINE I NEED TO DO COMPARISON WITH ACTUAL DATE -
fecha_final field.
      EXPRESSION ('[fecha_inicial]' eq '01-02-2002')
    # EXPRESSION ([fecha_final] - [fecha_inicial] > "365")
      SYMBOL 7
      COLOR 255 255 0
      OUTLINECOLOR 153 153 0
      SIZE 8
      LABEL
        TYPE TRUETYPE
        FONT "Arialbold"
        SIZE 8
        POSITION AUTO
        COLOR 0 0 0
        OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 255
        PARTIALS FALSE
      END
    END
  END

How do I perform a value-like comparison with dates in Mapserver to make
queries.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Brigitte P.