[Mapserver-users] Re: Mac OS X Apache Install Question

soprina soprina at mac.com
Tue Mar 25 19:52:38 EST 2003

Thanks for all the info.  I am quite new to unix and compiling on mac
os x and appreciate all your help.

So my next question would be how would I go about statically linking
all the libraries when compiling mapserver.  I know there are good
reasons for not doing this but I am just thinking about portability and
the problem I am currently facing. I definitely need to be able to
transfer the binary from one machine to another without having  to
install a range of supporting libraries.  I currently do this with a
windows compile of mapserver and it works well.  Alternatively is it
possible that any libraries needed are created/moved to the same folder
that mapserver is compiled in and if so is it likely that mapserver
will work when the all the files are then transfer to another machine?

My current configure command for compile is as follows if this is of
any help?

./configure --with-gd --without-tiff --with-jpeg
--with-proj=/mapserver/libraries/proj-4.4.5
--with-gdal=/sw/bin/gdal-config
--with-ogr=/mapserver/libraries/gdal-1.1.8/ogr

Thanks again for your help
Justin