[Mapserver-users] Re: Mac OS X Apache Install Question

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Thu Mar 27 12:04:42 EST 2003

Hi Justin,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. Type ./configure --help and
see the message... there is a lot of detail there. I don't recall off
the top of my head but it is something like

./configure --with-gd[=static,]DIR]

etc.

However, I recall from an earlier post of yours... you were having
some trouble running ms on your host's machine (is that right?). You
were getting some apache error logs, weren't you?

It well might be that your ms binary is compiled fine... but there
might be some other error, such as permissions (the commonest bugaboo).

I while back I compiled ms on my iBook, and then copied the binary to
my daughter's iMac, and it worked just fine. The iMac doesn't even
have developer's tools on... nothing.

My feeling is that your ms will work on another MacOS X box without
any hassles. If anything, it will be permissions or httpd.conf
problems that will cause you heartburn.

Hth.