[mapserver-users] cascading mapserver

Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Mar 27 11:23:57 EST 2003

Bart,

Well, if they're "static" vendor specific parameters that are ADDED to an
OpenGIS WMS query string, then you might be able to add them to the
CONNECTION parameter ... Give a try, I don't know whether MapServer does any
sanity checks on that part of the URL, though I suspect not, so it hsould
work.

If the remote servers are not OGC WMS AT ALL (i.e. 100% vendor specific),
then you may have luck using mapscript and GD to manually do the http calls
and merge the images together with the local rendered map and so on ... Not
trivial to do, but doable.

J.F.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bart van den Eijnden [mailto:bart.van.den.eijnden at geodan.nl]
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 12:58 PM
To: mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
Subject: [mapserver-users] cascading mapserver

Hi,

I have a question about the cascading possibilities of mapserver.

How does it work with vendor specific parameters? I want to use mapserver
to be a cascading mapserver for 2 mapservers of a different brand. But
those guys have made vendor specific parameters like query_layers and
query_params to get a selection highlighted in the map.

Will mapserver send those vendor specific parameters (although not OpenGIS
WMS parameters) to the mapserver of the different brand?

Thanks for the answer,

Bart

--
  Bart van den Eijnden