[Mapserver-users] cascading map server

Tom.Kralidis at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Tom.Kralidis at CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Mar 27 11:27:59 EST 2003

When I think of cascading map server, I think of a WMS being able to house
another WMSs entire capabilities.  Currently, in MapServer, from what I
know, you can cascade to layers of choice.

What happens if I want to setup a WMS with MapServer and cascade to another
WMS which has 175 layers?  Do I have to input them all in a mapfile as
connectiontype=wms as a layer definition?

Is there / can there be a mechanism, in a mapfile, to point to a server URL,
and MapServer can cascade the whole Capabilities XML?

..Tom