[Mapserver-users] (no subject)

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Mar 27 15:09:44 EST 2003

The setting for IMAGEPATH looks suspect. The way it's set mapserv will
be looking for a writable
directory in your cgi-bin directory. That's probably not what you want.
That parameter should
be full path and should have a trailing slash.

Steve

>>> <mapserv at dinequest.us> 03/27/03 12:34PM >>>

hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me by suggesting some options in hopes that
i can
get mapserv working on my server. I layed out my steps so that it can
be easier
to follow:

- I have a redhat linux box (2.4.18-3 i386) which i've built a static
library
mapserv on. (ran mapserv -v and it listed correct supports)
- I uploaded it to my server's cgi-bin (which is a redhat 2.4.19 i386)
- set chmod 755 on mapserv
- set up demo.map mapfile correctly in the cgi-bin
- uploaded proper data in cgi-bin under the "data" directory
- ran from browser: http://<my location>/cgi-bin/mapserv?
map=demo.map&VERSION=1.1.0&REQUEST=GetMap&BBOX=-83.81,41.25,-81.80,42.79

*recieved internal error ("premature end of script headers" in log)
- renamed mapserv to mapserv.cgi

*recieved internal error ("premature end of script headers" in log)

i assume that this is not a mapfile issue, but here is my mapfile
anyway:

NAME DEMO
WEB

IMAGEPATH "data"
IMAGEURL "http://www.dinequest.us/data"
   END
END

UNITS DD
EXTENT -178 16 -66 74
SIZE 324 210
SHAPEPATH "data"

LAYER
  NAME "states"
  DATA dtl_st
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TYPE POLYGON
  CLASS
    COLOR 250 247 222
  END # end of class object
END # end of layer object

IMAGETYPE JPEG
IMAGEQUALITY 90
INTERLACE OFF
END # end of map file

I appreciate any other suggestions. You guys are the gurus and i would
be alot
farther behind if it weren't for you all. Thanks in advance -bp