[Mapserver-users] mapserver install on Mandrake 9

Mark Balman Mark.Balman at birdlife.org.uk
Fri Mar 28 04:14:25 EST 2003

Hi All

Can anyone provide a "simple" how to install mapserver onto Linux Mandrake
9? I have my mapserver app working under Win 98 and would now like to get
mapserver working on Linux. As a complete newbie to linux I had tried the
quick and dirty method of ./configure followed by make and make install but
alas not happening.. I understand that I need to reconfigure but I am
clueless as to this process. Please help.

Thanks in advance

Mark