[Mapserver-users] mapserver install on Mandrake 9

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Mar 28 06:57:39 EST 2003

Mark Balman wrote:

> Can anyone provide a "simple" how to install mapserver onto Linux Mandrake
> 9? I have my mapserver app working under Win 98 and would now like to get
> mapserver working on Linux. As a complete newbie to linux I had tried the
> quick and dirty method of ./configure followed by make and make install but
> alas not happening.. I understand that I need to reconfigure but I am
> clueless as to this process. Please help.

Did you check out the Unix Build/Install HOWTO?

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc36/unix-install-howto.html

Also there are a few sets of step by step instructions for installing
PHP MapScript on various RedHat versions.  You could have a look at that
as well, if you only need 'mapserv' then just ignore the PHP part, the
base stuff is the same:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?PHPMapScript

 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca