[Mapserver-users] dynamic mapfiles for many layers

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Mon Mar 31 14:44:58 EST 2003

MapScript would be one way to solve your problem.  You could either
create completelayer definitions on the fly in MapScript, or simply
include a template layer with an empty DATA statement and fill the data
value using MapScript.

You could also do something similar with the mapserv CGI: include a
layer in your mapfile that has no DATA statement and set it via the
mapserv CGI URL using something like map_layername_data=... I'm not sure
of the exact syntax to use since I don't do that often myself, but it
should be in the docs, look for documentation on changing mapfile
parameters via the mapserv CGI URL.

Daniel