[Mapserver-users] mapscript/java

Dan Barron dbarron at ddive.com
Mon Mar 31 16:32:57 EST 2003

--=====================_2865484==.ALT

Paul,

My solution to this question, for now, is to open a URLConnection to a php
script that uses mapscript, pass the needed MapServer parameters, execute
the mapscript via php, then send the needed parameters back to the
servlet.  May not be the best solution, but it seems to work consistently.

Dan

At 05:19 PM 3/29/2003 -0500, Paul Dymecki wrote:
>Hi,
>     I was wondering if there is any way of accessing mapscript functions
> from java?  I thought i read somewhere that this was possible but not sure,
>thx,
>Paul

--=====================_2865484==.ALT

Paul,&nbsp; <br><br>
My solution to this question, for now, is to open a URLConnection to a
php script that uses mapscript, pass the needed MapServer parameters,
execute the mapscript via php, then send the needed parameters back to
the servlet.&nbsp; May not be the best solution, but it seems to work
consistently.<br><br>
Dan<br><br>
At 05:19 PM 3/29/2003 -0500, Paul Dymecki wrote:<br>
any way of accessing mapscript functions from java?&nbsp; I thought i
read somewhere that this was possible but not sure,</font><br>