[Mapserver-users] msOpenSHPFile(): Unable to access file

Inna Janssen innaj at web.de
Sun Mar 30 05:38:59 EST 2003

Hi,

mapserv is unable to access the data file. But I definitely set all paths
correctly.
The mapfile is the one from the tutorial, starting this way:
---
NAME S1EX2
EXTENT -97.238976 41.619778 -82.122902 49.38562
SIZE 400 300
SHAPEPATH "/var/www/html/karte/data"
LAYER # States
  NAME "states"
  DATA states_ugl
  STATUS DEFAULT
---

the shapepath is set correctly. I downloaded the states_ugl from
http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/terrasipProjects/tutorial35/data/states_ugl.shp
I call mapserv directly by entering the url
http://www.inna.de/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/var/www/html/karte/karte.map&mode=map
Then I get: "msOpenSHPFile(): Unable to access file. (states_ugl) "
I also tried it with relative paths, with ending slash, with adding .shp to states_ugl
I also checked the file permission of states_ugl.
Nothing helped.

I use Redhat Linux 7.3

Instead, the itasca demo does work!

Does anyone has any idea ???