[Mapserver-users] building Mapserver 3.6.5 on Mac OS X 10.2.5

John Oram mapserver at oram.com
Wed May 7 20:58:52 EDT 2003

Hi-

In my further adventures of getting Mapserver up and running, after
issuing

./configure
--with-jpeg /
--with-gd=../gd-1.8.4 /
--with-proj /
--with-zlib=/usr/local/lib /
--with-png=/usr/local/lib /
--with-php=/usr/local/src/php-4.3.1

I see this at the tail end of the messages:

	checking whether we have PHP3 or PHP4... -DPHP4
	checking whether we should use PHP's regex... no
	        PHP/MapScript module configured.
	updating cache ./config.cache
	creating ./config.status
	creating Makefile
	mkdir: mapscript/php3: No such file or directory
	creating mapscript/php3/Makefile
	sed: ./mapscript/php3/Makefile.in: No such file or directory
	./config.status: mapscript/php3/Makefile: No such file or directory

Then it quits.  It seems to be choking on the non-existence of the
./mapscript/php3 directory -- I am assuming that this is supposed to be
automagically generated by Mapserver's "./configure", as opposed to
pre-existing, but why it would have trouble with "mkdir" is confusing.
Should I try making that directory on my own?  Would the proper path be
/usr/local/src/mapscript/php3?  Or is there a deeper issue?  I'm
wondering if I missed something with PHP.

PHP seemed to compile and install without problems.  Here's the
configure for it:
./configure \
--with-xml \
--with-zlib \
--with-mysql \
--with-gd \
--with-png \
--with-jpeg \
--enable-wddx \
--with-regex=system \
--enable-force-cgi-redirect

as well as

sudo cp ./sapi/cgi/php /Library/WebServer/CGI-Executables/php

Thanks for your patience,
   John