[Mapserver-users] Can't generate .QIX files on-the-fly

Carl Anderson carl.anderson at vadose.org
Sat Oct 4 16:38:42 EDT 2003

On 10/04/2003 01:53:01 PM, Eduardo Patto Kanegae wrote:

> # this is the result of the an echo of my run-string:
>
> "D:\local\bin\shapelib\shptree.exe"
> "D:\local\apache_htdocs\msc\mapasVCP\LA\Altinopolis\C732_Fibra
> II\C732.shp"

exec should take 1 string to execute.  can you post the exact php line.

I wrote this

<?php

echo exec ("/usr/local/bin/shptree /databank/cov/county/centerline.shp
12 NL");
echo "<BR>done<BR>";

?>

and I get a QIX index.  this is under Linux but change it and it will
work under Win32.

error messages are meaningful posting them may help.

with no other info i suspect a user permissions problem

check the user id that runs apache / IIS and make sure that the user
can (over)write  the QIX index and can read the SHP and SHX files.

alternatively set the permissions to the QIX file, and directory to
allow read and write by everyone.

C.